Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Sense of Relief

Got some good news today. My brother-in-law (Air Force) just returned from his deployment in Qatar. My sister told me last week that he might be coming back on Saturday, but she also said she wouldn't be positive about it until he was on the plane home.

Now, Qatar certainly isn't Iraq and my BIL is not really in a combat position -- to be honest, I don't actually know exactly what he does. He was only there a few months, not a year like many of the soldiers sent to Iraq. That didn't stop my family from worrying about him. The most concerning time was in November when he told my sister that he wouldn't be able to contact her for a few days because he had to go "somewhere" to "guard something." I still don't know exactly where he was or what he was guarding.

He got home this past Saturday. Their two kids (ages 6 and 4) have apparently been excited now for days. They finally started settling down today.

Anyway, I am thankful that he is back home with his family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment