Tuesday, November 23, 2004

First post that actually says something

OK, that one line down there might have been the first post, but this one will actually have substance. By the time I found a user name and URL that wasn't already taken and was ready to post, my partner Laura decided it was time to walk the dogs. Since the smaller dog has a tendency to cause trouble overnight if she doesn't get her walk, I didn't have much choice.

Anyway, I finally decided to start my own blog. Why? Good question. I've been reading blogs for what seems like a long time - ever since sometime in 2001, I think. The majority of my aimless web surfing time is currently spent with blogs. Yet, until recently, I never gave much thought to creating my own.

But lately I find myself composing (usually only in my head) responses to happenings in the news and in my life that bear a suspicious resemblance to blog entries. While I could prowl around the Internet and find semi-relevant comment threads on which to post these, that seems rather silly. Why not have one spot to collect all this stuff? Hence, the birth of Sara's Spot. I'm not crazy about that name and am hoping to come up with something better eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment