Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Where I've Been

This is a fun site - create a map showing states you've visited. Here's mine:


create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

Of course, I have to make it more complicated than it needs to be. What does "visited" mean? Went there and stayed for more than a day? Just drove through? After giving this way to much thought, I defined "visited" as "stayed overnight in" for the above map.

There were also a few I don't really remember, so I left them out. I'm pretty sure my family took a vacation to Colorodo and it probably involved staying overnight in a few other states on the way, but I'm not positive. When I was much older, we took a driving trip to Texas, but I don't remember which states we stopped in on the way and on the way home.

If I redefine "visited" to just "drove through" or "sat around in an airport for a while between flights", then I look a little more well-travelled:


Hmm, this version makes it look like I have something against Kansas. Can't really explain that one, seeing as I've apparently never been there!

Thanks to An Offering of Myself to the World for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment